By Jessica Heald on Fri 29 March 2019 in New Features
Here’s just a taster of what we’ve released in the first 2 months of 2019!
Up-sell, Cross-sell & Must-sell Capabilities
Within the CRM we’ve just released the Upsell Manager, making it easier for your sales team to add additional products to a customer's order. The Upsell Manager allows you to create links between multiple products that should or can be sold together. If an Upsell link has been configured, when the product is added the user will be prompted to see if the customer would also like the linked products.
- Up-sell: e.g. the customer has chosen a pack of x4 AA batteries, but offer to change this to a more expensive x12 pack of AA batteries).Within this window, it will show you how many of that up-sell product are available for you to sell, as well as how much extra the customer would be charged should they wish to add the up-sell item(s).
- Must-sell: e.g. offer the customer the option of purchasing the correct batteries to go with the alarm system they just bought as it will not operate without batteries). Must-sell items are ticked by default, as they are deemed required. You are able to add a certain quantity by using the toggles, and a running order will appear on the right-hand side of the screen before you add the items to the Quote. Please note: if the main/original item the customer requested is removed from the Quote, it will automatically remove the must-sell items.
- Cross-sell: e.g. offer a protective case which the alarm system can be stored in when not in use).
If you’re interested to learn more about the different upsell manager links, take a look at our article here. If you want to know how to configure the upsell manager links, visit our step by step article here. We’ve also got a useful article here on how to use the upsell manager links when quoting.
Unleashed Special PricingWe now have support for Unleashed special pricing, which works in the CRM system as well as on eCommerce sites.
New Prospect 365 Special Pricing
Users can now choose to use either our special pricing or their accounting system/ERP pricing. Prospect 365 special pricing offers whatever your accounting system/ERP does. allows users to create and manage price lists for each of your customers and allows you to assign these to each sales ledger. Some of you will find that, due to the nature of your business and the products you sell, your customers negotiate a price on most of your products. With the new built-in special pricing, you can now set a price list against a sales ledger and can also configure pricing directly on a sales ledger (which will in turn overrule the price list).
Before you start configuring the CRM built-in special pricing, it's important to know whether this functionality is right for your business. If you're using special pricing setup in your accounts system and it works well for you, then you should continue using this form of special pricing. However, we appreciate that this isn't the case for everyone as some accounting systems do not offer special pricing functionality e.g. Xero. In addition, by having the special pricing managed via the CRM, it saves your sales team having to switch between two different systems, so again the CRM Built-in Special Pricing may be of benefit to your business. If you’d like to configure the Prospect 365 CRM built-in special pricing, please follow the steps in this guide. If you have any queries about using this, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with us on 0330 0880 365. Please note: the two special pricing options cannot be used in conjunction with each other (i.e. you can’t apply the accounts/ERP pricing and the Prospect 365 special pricing).
Once Prospect 365 special pricing has been switched on, users will see that the system will respect any special pricing configurations when product lines are added to a Quote.
Updated Help Options in CRM
When logged into the CRM, click on the question mark icon on the top right-hand corner of the screen. We have now updated the help options in here to show you our most relevant resources. This includes links to: the ProspectSoft Academy, further help documentation, the Product Suggestions area (Ideas Portal), our Intercom chat (a quick, convenient way to get in touch with our team) and our Resources page which has more links to things like our Prospect 365 YouTube channel, TeamViewer download and Webinars page!
More exciting features released in February…
- Support for Sage 50 special products (S1, S2, M - description/memo lines).
- Added configuration list for quote status (ability to choose which statuses are read-only).
- Added VAT % to the Quote table.