By ProspectSoft on Fri 27 April 2018 in Terms
Our Prospect Alliance Partner Terms of Agreement...
ProspectSoft and the Partner each acknowledge and agree that they will endeavour to take reasonable ongoing action to achieve a successful outcome in the Prospect Partner Programme.
The partner agrees to the following starter steps:
- Accept the Terms of Agreement on the Prospect website.
- Assign a Prospect champion.
- Host a Prospect dedicated landing page on your company website that includes an active hyperlink to www.prospectsoft.com/register and complies with the ProspectSoft Brand Guidelines.
Acceptance to the Prospect Partner Programme will be confirmed when the Partner completes the starter steps above.
ProspectSoft agrees to provide:
- Access to all the benefits of the Prospect Partner Program at the specified status level, including:
- Access to Prospect CRM Partner Edition.
- Initial single user subscription to Prospect for internal use at no cost, followed by one additional free user for every recommended paying organisation thereafter. Additional users beyond the free allocation are charged at the prevailing standard rate.
- Access to Partner-only information and support from the Prospect Partner Enablement Team.
To maintain partnership status, the partner agrees to:
- Actively promote Prospect to clients.
- Promote Prospect on the company’s website, maintaining an active hyperlink to www.prospectsoft.com and adhering to the Prospect Brand Guidelines including not using the name Prospect in company name, product name, service offering, or URL. ProspectSoft and Prospect are trademarked.
Duration of the agreement
Once the Partner Application Form has been completed, this agreement will remain until superseded or terminated by either party.
Disputes and termination of the agreement
Either party may terminate this agreement for any reason, giving notice of one month.
ProspectSoft reserves the right to accept or decline any organisation or individual applying to become a Prospect Partner.
Billing & status
To qualify for pricing margin on organisations subscribed for by the Partner, the billing accounts must be paid by the individual clients via the ProspectSoft Direct Debit Mandate system. Following each successful Direct Debit collection, a self-billing invoice will be rendered by ProspectSoft in the partner’s name, covering the margin due against all standard Prospect subscriptions. The Partner must nominate and advise ProspectSoft who, within their business, will be responsible for all matters relating to the billing account. Partner status is determined by the number of organisations with a live Prospect subscription, whom the partner has introduced.