By Marc McLaughlin on Mon 11 June 2018 in News
Important notice for ProspectSoft customers...
In order to continue providing Payment Card Industry (PCI)-compliant services, ProspectSoft will be removing support for Transport Layer Security (TLS) 1.0 and 1.1.
TLS 1.0 and 1.1 are deprecated (old) protocols used for encrypting network traffic. As such, all eCommerce providers that deal with card payments are required to make this change.
From 1st July 2018, we will only support TLS 1.2.
Support for TLS 1.2 is dependent upon your Windows version:
- Windows 10 and Server 2012 R2 onwards are unaffected.
- Windows 7 and Windows 8, as well as Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows Server 2012 will require these Microsoft patches (which may already be installed by Windows Update):
- KB2977292 - Update for Microsoft EAP implementation that enables use of TLS
- KB3140245 - Update to enable TLS 1.1 and TLS 1.2 as default secure protocols in WinHTTP
- Older versions of Windows including XP and Vista are no longer supported by Microsoft and can therefore no longer be supported by ProspectSoft.
This impacts your employees and your customers who access any websites or web applications hosted by us, across both Version 6 and Prospect 365 services. As appropriate, we encourage you to advise your customers that this change is happening.
Marc McLaughlin | Head of Security & Cloud Operations