By Fiona Ness on Thu 12 December 2013 in Web & eCommerce
You’ve moved your business online, your site looks great and all your products have cool images but your site just isn’t taking as many orders as you thought it would, or you were hoping for bigger orders. Sound familiar?
Getting an eCommerce site is only the first step to moving your business online. Getting your visitors to part with their money can be the real challenge.
So we’ve put together 6 things you can do, not only to make sure your visitors buy, but also increase spend on your site.
- Add guest checkout
- Promote related and previously bought products
- Add ‘Have you forgotten anything?’ to your checkout
- Offer free delivery thresholds
- Offer alternative methods of payment
It’s not just us that have seen the benefits…
- On average 24% of sites don’t offer guest checkout, but this alone has been seen to increase sales by as much as 30%.
- According to a survey by AlixPartners, 36% of people abandon baskets because delivery is too high. I also know from personal experience, and the number of large ASOS parcels we have delivered to the office, that free delivery thresholds do encourage a higher spend!
So the 6th and final thing you can do, this is the big one…
Go mobile or responsive. This might seem like a big ask, but trust me, it isn’t. Plus, Cyber Monday saw online sales increase by 94%. In case you didn’t know, that’s a lot and you’re missing out!
So there you have it 5 easy ways and 1, not difficult, but bigger way to increase spend on your website.
Today is day 6 of ProspectSoft’s 12 days of Christmas. Until 5pm we are giving you half price eCommerce training. Why not add some of these features and learn how to use them at the same time?